Please remember that it is important for children to come into school with the correct uniform - it is part of our Golden Rules and helps everyone feel a valued member of the school community. If children do not, staff will send a reminder slip home with your child.
During the cold and wet weather months please ensure your child brings a coat to school and in the summer months, they will need a hat.
All children should also have a water bottle.
The school uniform consists of:
- Birch Hill Logo - Royal blue jumper or cardigan,
- White shirt or blouse,
- Grey trousers or skirt,
- Blue and white dress (summer term only)
- Black shoes - these must be sturdy (no trainers, boots, or ankle boots)
Games and PE kit is also required, consisting of:
- Royal blue shorts,
- Birch Hill Logo - Blue or White T-shirt,
- White socks,
- Black tracksuit (when outside) or black jumper & tracksuit bottoms (plain and unbranded)
- Plimsolls or black trainers
For safety, indoor PE is always undertaken in bare feet. PE is an important part of the curriculum and children must bring the correct kit for PE. Please ensure that you know when your child’s class do PE and that they have the correct kit in school.
An apron or old shirt is required for art and craft work.
The games kit and apron should be kept in a small named shoe bag. All items of uniform should be clearly marked with the child's name. Some items of uniform can be purchased from or ordered through the school secretary.
- Alice bands need to be small and plain.
- No jewellery is to be worn in school.
- Hairstyles. Haircuts are a reasonable length and the latest ‘step’ or train tracks fashion for boys, braided hair decorated with beads, and extreme hairstyles of any kind are not acceptable in school. Only natural hair colours are permitted.
Buying school uniform arrangements
During the course of this term we will be changing the way we sell the school uniform. Mr Wagstaff will be at school to sell uniform on the last Wednesday of every half term from 2:45pm, and he will be happy make an extra delivery if he receives a significant amount of email orders from parents who urgently need uniform.
Please contact Mr Wagstaff directly on
We will hold one of every item for sizing purposes only.
Please use the link below to view the order form.